I always wonder why we only give thanks on Thanksgiving.
We appreciate all the things and people in our lives that make it great but the rest of the year it’s taken for granted.
When we lose electricity we are so grateful for power, when we are sick we are so grateful for when our health is restored and when we have rainy, grey days we are elated when the sun comes out.
I also wonder how much better this world would be if we all appreciated the basics every single day that make our life amazing. This year I’m going to wake up and write down every single thing I’m grateful for to enrich my life and make it even better than it already is!
1. My amazing health and body
2. My awesome family and close friends who are a constant rock for me and brighten every single day of my life.
3. My wonderful clients , who not only stay healthy and consistent with me but who I have developed incredible friendships with and make my job fun.
4. All the challenges in my life that made me smarter, stronger, resilient and compassionate. I have been able to grow spiritually in a way that would not have been possible without all of them.
5. Lastly, my house, car, electricity, sunshine and my awesome Thanksgiving dinner with all my loved ones!
What are you grateful for?
In 25 days another year will be over. Some of us will be extremely happy to start fresh and all of us will be hopeful that 2014 will be a great year. Reaching and maintaining our health and fitness goals is always on the top of our New Year’s list .
The holiday time is challenging for all of us who are trying to lose weight or even maintain our current weight. Here are some tips on enjoying but staying consistent.
1. Dont go to parties hungry ,even dinner parties
(always snack on something with protein and fiber before )
2. Do an extra 20 to 30 minute workout the days you are going to a party
3. Have a treat in your purse of something little and sweet to avoid eating the holiday desserts ( ex. mini candy bar)
4. Mix your alcohol with club soda not juices or mixes to save hundreds of calories in pure sugar.
5. Allow yourself just 1 small treat at party ( either 2 small appetizers or 1 small dessert then cut yourself off)
6. Don’t beat yourself up if you over do it, just get right back to consistently working out and eating right the next day.
Many people gain several pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years so checking yourself and following these tips will make a huge difference.
If you need help in 2014 to reach your health and fitness goals contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Recently I read that the average woman spends 21 minutes a day worrying about her weight. It is very disconcerting that the obsession with new diets,weight-loss gimmicks and new weight loss fads keep people from doing the one and only thing that will work for a lifetime.
I have seen so many of my friends and clients push themselves to start a new diet that is extreme or an extreme high-intensity workout that is extremely too hard to maintain and could cause long-term injuries, making consistency impossible. I know so many people who have been injured by extreme workouts and were restricted for weeks or months due to those injuries. I also know way too many people who have been on such low-calorie diets during their lifetime that they have lowered their metabolism and are unable to eat anything above that low set point without gaining weight.
I feel like a broken record so much of the time by repeating that consistently working out and eating healthy, well-balanced meals daily is the only proven long-term solution to weight management for life. Everyone wants a quick fix so they get sucked into the newest fad thinking this is the magic solution that will work. These newest fads leave as quickly as they come always proving to be disappointing and too hard to maintain.
We all want to be happy, content, energized, fit and enjoy life. Doing anything to an extreme will throw the whole mind/body healthy balance out the window.
Successful weight management for life involves having a realistic perspective of exercise and nutrition. This involves doing something consistently daily that you enjoy to get your cardiovascular training and your strength training as well as eating foods you love in moderation and incorporating six or more organic fruits and vegetables into your daily plan.
We all get busy, stressed, overwhelmed and there will always be times when we overeat or skip workouts. This is not the end of the world, this is life and the key is to get right back on track. Throw out this all-or -nothing mentality like “I’m a failure” or “I broke my diet and I have to start all over again.”
Do not ever feel guilty for not maintaining because perfection does not exist. Our free time is spent socializing with family and friends that most of the time involves drinking and eating. Plan ahead for these times and eat less on those days that you will be out to dinner or do a little more exercise to counteract the calories.
Weight management for life involves:
If you need extra help with accountability, coaching, goal setting or Personal Training, email me at Andi@AndiKaycoach.com or 240-899-1431.
We all strive to eat healthier, work out more and just take better care of ourselves. Many times, we make excuses that “we just don’t have the time.” We put work, family, errands and numerous other things before our own health. When you think about all of the things we do make time for … isn’t it crazy that our health doesn’t make the top of the list?
Think about it this way. Without our health, we have nothing at all so this should be prioritized before anything else. We all know the endless benefits of regular exercise and healthy eating for disease prevention, maintaining a healthy weight, maximizing metabolism , increasing bone density and overall feelings of confidence and happiness yet we still procrastinate or don’t make it a consistent part of our lives, thus making it impossible to reap the full benefits.
One of my goals is to teach people that it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. It’s all about simplifying so you can be consistent. Here are a few tips that I use and I know are successful to making a healthy lifestyle much easier.
Here we go …
1. Cook on Sunday for the week. Make a large pot of Quinoa or brown rice. Roast vegetables that you like on a large pan with yummy seasonings. Grill lean protein such as chicken breasts, lean steak, pork or fish. Put all in small containers mixing all three – the rice or quinoa, the vegetables and the protein. These will serve as your lunches and dinners for the whole week so you won’t come home exhausted and ravenous and unable to cook. Your healthy meals are ready to go! Just need heating. You can bring one to work every day and it will save you hundreds of calories and money in unhealthy restaurant food.
2. Schedule your workouts as a weekly appointment in your calendar and aim for at least three times a week. If you can afford a trainer, this will be the best as you are guaranteed a great workout without being able to blow it off as well as having an accountability coach. Trainers = Consistency! However, if you can’t afford a trainer just make sure you do it and push yourself!
3. Plan to use the weekends as two workout days that week because you have much more free time.
4. Get an extra-large traveling water bottle and fill it up a few times a day and bring it with you wherever you go. Slice some fresh lemons and squeeze in for an extra metabolism boost.If you are not hydrated, your metabolism will slow down.
5. Weigh yourself at least every three days to create accountability for all your hard efforts. Accountability is a huge piece of getting to your goals.
6. If you go off your plan, don’t fret about it – one day is not going to make a difference, just get immediately back on your consistent eating and workout plan.
If you need help creating accountability and consistency, email me today to make your goals a reality.
If you need extra help being consistent or for more motivation and accountability, email me to make your goals a reality!
People do not realize that it really doesn’t matter what you do, just doing it consistently will get you the best results.
I always advise my clients to be consistent with whatever workout they like and they will have great results. It does not matter what it is , its all about making it a priority in your life and committing to doing it. New workouts claiming to burn 800 to 1000 calories an hour gets everyone hyped. Another fad with false promises so don’t be one of them to jump on that wagon. Workouts that are beyond intense and painful will not get you to reach your goals because you will dread it.These workouts will leave you famished and can put you at risk of getting injured so your consistency will go right out the window. Think long term. No one can be consistent with something that they hate doing. Do something you love consistently every day and commit to yourself that it will be done.
FACT-WITHOUT COMMITMENT , YOU WILL NOT HAVE RESULTS IN ANYTHING YOU CARE ABOUT.
Low calorie diets and omitting major food groups out of your nutrition plan will only cause your metabolism to slow down and for your body to go into starvation mode. These diets will cause you to lose muscle ( the one key component to keep your metabolism going). Yes, you will lose some weight but it will all come back shortly after going off the plan and you will gain so much more because the calorie restriction will slow your metabolism dramatically.
How do you increase your metabolism?
1. STRENGTH TRAIN 3 TIMES A WEEK
2. HYDRATE THROUGH OUT THE DAY
3. EAT BREAKFAST WITHIN 1 HOUR OF WAKING UP
4. DONT SKIP MEALS
5. WORKOUT CONSISTENTLY!!!
The single most effective way to reach your health and fitness goals is to do the workout you love, walking, biking whatever it is and do it every single day…period. It’s not rocket science. This is simple..STOP looking for the newest fad.
Eat a healthy well rounded diet and enjoy life. It is ok to have wine, dessert, pasta but just have a little and workout consistently and you will have great results.
COMMIT TODAY TO YOUR HEALTH AND BE CONSISTENT.
I have noticed many people who get very into working out and then fall off the wagon. I find the biggest challenge with people is just being consistent. It seems like everyone is looking for that quick fix. The latest diet plan or newest workout that everyone is doing until that fad is over.
The most effective way to lose weight and be fit is to eat healthy and work out consistently, period. People need to do what they like to do consistently – whether that is a machine, weights or taking a class. It is absolutely impossible to be fit if you are working out intermittently and eating inconsistently.
Don’t look for that quick fix or the latest diet or workout. Make it easy on yourself! I work out at home which saves me at least 40 or 45 minutes of driving to a gym, locking up my stuff and chitchatting. I get right to it and I work out in my pjs at home every morning and then it’s done! Its easy, quick and effective. I combine cardio and weight training in one.
I keep my eating plan consistent as well and I eat the same things every morning and afternoon. I love it and it takes the time and thinking away.
It boils down to simplifying everything to make you successful at being healthy and fit. Exercise should be a habit like brushing your teeth. It is just non-negotiable and must be done at least 5 days a week.